Online Caribbean Stud rules and game play
When you play online (and live) Caribbean Stud you play against a house dealer, and the first thing you need to do is to place an obligatory ante. Once the ante is placed, all players and the dealer are dealt five cards. Players get all their five cards dealt face down while the dealer turns over one card.
At this point in the game of Caribbean Stud you may click on your cards and view them, after which you get the option to bet or fold. If you fold, you forfeit the initial ante. If you decide to bet it will cost another amount equal to the obligatory ante.
If you decide to bet you will then reveal your five cards, while the dealer turns over the four remaining cards not yet shown. If you have a pair and the dealer has nothing, you win even money. If neither you nor the dealer has anything, you win if you have a higher high card than the dealer and you lose if you don’t. But if the dealer has Ace or King or better, this is when it gets interesting because now you can win more than amount of the initial bet.
The payouts vary somewhat from casino to casino, but these are the typical amounts you will win depending on what hand you are holding:
- Royal flush 100 to 1
- Straight flush 50 to 1
- Four of a kind 20 to 1
- Full house 7 to 1
- Flush 5 to 1
- Straight 4 to 1
- Three of a kind 3 to 1
- Two pair 2 to 1
- One pair or less 1 to 1
Some casinos also offer a progressive jackpot for a Royal Flush. It will cost you extra though, and I guess the size of the jackpot should dictate whether you should pay up or not.
Livin' on the edge
- Livin’ On The Edge
- Do not underestimate the predictability...
- Playing Craps if you are not Jiggaboo Jones...
- How the beloved game of Craps is played
- The best signup bonus for online Craps players
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Blackjack
- Finding the Reversed House Edge in Blakjack
- The answer to every difficult Blackjack decision
- Finding the Reversed House Edge at the right Roulette tables
- Online Caribbean Stud rules and game play
- Caribbean Stud betting strategy
- Casino Hold’em rules, gameplay and strategy
- Online casino bonus review